Friday, May 24, 2013

Sentiments of the Past

You ever find yourself missing someone you used to know when you were a child? I just had a bout of nostalgia just now while I was listening to "Always and Forever" by Heatwave. When I was little, I used to go to Kids r Kids Daycare and this girl named Tawanda worked there. She had to be in her early 20s around the 90s while I was just 5. She basically adopted me as her little sister. I loved being around her. She was so nice and friendly. She really was like a big sister to me; she let me sleep over her house, she took me trick or treating at the mall, she would babysit if my mom had to work late. I used to think she was so cool. She was tall and skinny and used to wear really cool upper arm bracelets and those belly chains. I just knew I was going to grow up to be just like her: independent, skinny, pretty, have my own car, and have a job. I remember buying one of those upper arm bracelets, remembering her style but it didn't fit around my muscular arm.I hate that I can't remember her face, but I definitely remember that she was pretty. She seemed to always enjoy my company no matter how tired she felt. I haven't been in touch with her in over a decade now. I think I moved and went to another school which resulted in me never seeing her again. I might not remember the specifics, but I do know I cried because I wasn't able to see her again. I wonder what it means when someone pops in your head that you haven't seen or spoken to in a long time. Maybe she was wondering about me too. I find it a little trippy, because I haven't thought or even spoke her name in a decade, literally. I'm one of those people who believe we are all connected at all levels, especially the soul level. If by some miracle, law of attraction, mind-blowing divine plan that's set up and we run into one another, I'm sure I would cry and smile like the Kool-aid man.


No comments:

Post a Comment