Monday, January 16, 2012

and for you

There have been a few things that have been frequently occurring within myself and others that are associated with me that have made me come to the conclusion that everyone needs to learn leadership, confrontation, problem solving, and a few other skills for preparation for not only their jobs/careers but also organizations and personal life. I think they should make it a requirement for all students to take a class all throughout elementary, middle, high school and college if they choose to go to college.

I personally get really nervous and tense when it comes to public speaking and confrontation. I like for everyone to be happy and any negativity that they have we schedule some time so we can TALK about it but unexpected confrontation makes me sweat. There are so many things that I'm passionate about and if I'm not comfortable with you or have some type of relationship with you then I have an issue being myself around you. It doesn't matter if I'm trying to talk about massage therapy (something I am very passionate about) if we only says hey, bye, have little chit-chats but never anything that will help us bond and get to know each other on some type of personal level then I won't feel comfortable enough to put all of my emotions, vigor, and true personality into what I have to and also want to say about my specific passion.

As a leader on my campus, I never knew how tough this was going to be. From the outside looking in, it seems like it's easy and you can do a better job than the person that came before and it never crosses your mind how much stress, frustration, disappointment, etc that you will go through.  I know nothing in life is easy. In order for you to be good, great at something you must go through some changes and continue to be open to learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment