Saturday, June 26, 2010

30- Day Letter Challenge - Day 3 ( date supposed to be written June 25th) : Your Parents

Letter to my Mom:

Dear Mom,


I just wanted to take this time to say I love you. I noticed a while back that I dont say that enough. And I seriously dont know why. It's only three words. Should be easy. And it is easy. I say it in my head but saying it in my head doesnt count. Sometimes I dont think you know how much I love you since I've been getting older but trust me I love you with all my heart. And how cant I? You've always been here. You've seen me grow strong, fall down, get back up, learn, cry, smile, laugh, be disobedient, be caring, be a rebel, be loving, be heartbroken, and so much more. Although I know you got you're strength from God to raise me on your own, I still honestly dont know how you managed alone. You are such a strong woman and I'm so proud of you on all of your recent accomplishments. I'm just glad you got a second chance at school because you are a spectacular student, who makes even the professors tremble. I'm glad that you dont let those pessimistic comments about your education discourage you from being the best. Thanks for providing and making a way for me. Thanks for putting me before yourself because we both know not every parent does that. And although we disagree on somethings, dont think I'm going against you, just know that as I get older I develop my own opinions about certain things; some stronger than others. You are such a strong woman and I think I would know since i've seen and witnessed almost everything you've gone through. Well I'm pretty sure you know how beautiful, inside and out, you are, how kind and generous, and thoughtful. I am so blessed to have a mother like you. Love you always and forever.


Love, me


Letter to my Father:

Dear Father,


I hope you're having a good life. I hope you're in good health. I hope your finances are in tact. I hope you have a job to take care of yourself. I hope you pay your bills on time. I hope you are safe from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet, any and everywhere you go in a car, train, plane, truck, bike, etc. I'm saying all of this with types of bitterness, dis-respectfulness, scornfulness, or any of the negative conotations a lot of females who grew up without their fathers have. I've been over. There was nothing to actually get over. Yeah sure you would never be around to tell my first date that you would cut his penis off and mail it to his parents or come to a school play or any of my award banquets but my mom always used to tell me it wasnt my fault you left and it was your decision and from a young age to now I believe that. I just to thank you for never being here because I know I wouldn't be the person I am today. I'm kinda afraid to think about how I would be if you were here so I thank you. You did what you had to do on your own account. There's just one thing that still urks me a bit about you and that is that HUGE lie you told me about you being in the war but you wanted to meet up at the library in Atlanta. How you gonna meet up with me at the library in Atlanta when you are in another country? I guess you forgot you told me that. I have a very good memory. Shame on you. You need to learn how to lie a lil' bit better if you trying to get over on me. But anyways, other than that I have nothing against you; and I dont even have that against you anymore. That was your dumbass "mistake. Anyways like I said in the beginning of this letter, I hope you are having a good life.


Love, me

No comments:

Post a Comment