Monday, March 22, 2010

unconditional love

I.

it feels so good to have your arms around me
even though i didnt wash yet
you kiss me on the lips
even though we just woke up
he loves that bright sun dress
even though i wore it two days in a row
he makes a frowny face when i fart in the car
but after all the stink has blown
away he makes me laugh ridiculously hard
he loves me with no makeup
even though he doesnt understand that eye shadow
is a type of makeup
he embraces my muffin top
just as i have embraced my muffin top
he thinks I sleep cute
even though i snore
he makes me smile on the inside
when we argue
arguing is sometimes necessary
and it's always healthy
and that should explain why we practice often
when my breath stinks
he passes me the listerine bottle
he loves me even when I'm on the toilet
but i still cant let him hear the plop
in the toilet as i let loose
i love him even when he has
a large green troop of
nose boogers ready to aim and shoot
Love is patient, love is kind;
we stress each other out at times, sometimes we both have horrible days
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud
he is not jealous of me and neither am i of him
he helped me celebrate my promotion
so we were both proud together
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs
some of the decisions he makes pisses me off
and sometimes he needs to be reminded of his past mistakes
so the mistake will not happen again
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth
communication is very important in any relationship
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves.
we arent perfect but I'm for him
and he is for me




II.

he is frustration
frustration leads to confusion
he believes that
I believe this
confusion leads to power battles
society says :

"Man is in control at all times.
He will be strong, not weak.
No crying, but always fighting.
Head of the house. You are the Alpha spouse.
You bring home the bacon. She cooks it.
A man isn't a man if he shows weakness"

While Society pulls him one way
my tender heart grips his heart firmly
trying to get him to the other side of the road
where mind, body, and soul are different
where thoughts about manhood go a little something like this:
love requires compromise
love, real love is unconditional
God's love for us is unconditional
unconditional meaning no conditions
we humans are flawed from top to bottom
head to toe and we all yearn
for someone to love us
for everything we are
the good, the bad, and the ugly
this is all the truth
women think with their hearts
men think with brain
so when thinking about love
both are all screwed up
because the source they are
consulting with is different with
the man and the woman
love needs trust
trust that she will love
you and all your manly flaws
trust that he will love
you and all your womanly flaws
flaws make us
men and women
beautiful
let go of the past hurts,
heartbreaks and aches
open your heart to love
the past can hinder your growth
in love

No comments:

Post a Comment